There are no “Little Blue Pills to Success” and that includes your hiring process, and there is no dot com “Only the Best People” solution online. The facts are, you must put in the work to get the results and nobody gets it right every time!
Growing your business requires additional staff and even the best interviewing process cannot guarantee a perfect fit. Often, it’s not the work that falls short of expectation, it’s the camaraderie between co-workers that never seem to meld as hoped. Let’s face it, the individuality that makes us great, is exactly what separates co-workers from being team mates.
“Anyone can fake a smile for an interview,
nobody can fake it for 90 days!” – KJr
The wrong hire can set you back harmful levels, a small business may not recover from a bad employee.
I HAVE GOOD NEWS!
There are ways to swing the hiring odds in your favor, here are some tips we use to ensure a good decision when on-boarding new team mates.
- Patience – most mistakes are made with quick reactions, that holds true for hiring too. Take time to research the individual and provide your business the best opportunity to be successful.
- Interview – have multiple managers interview the applicant, everyone will get a unique perspective of the candidate and provide valuable insight.
- Craig – stop using this guy’s list! The percentages of finding the “right fit” is very low on a P2P free website, use a quality paid service if you decide to explore online. You get what you pay for.
- Organization – are you seeking a very detailed and organized individual? Walk them to their car after the interview, you can learn a lot about someone from how they maintain their personal space (car).
- Social – do you review social media posts? 69% of Americans use social media, it’s another insight into the decision you are about to make.
- History – look at the reviews for previous employers, was your candidate involved in customer service during the timeframe of those reviews?
- Pray – if you pray, pray for the decision you’re about to make.
MORE GOOD NEWS
We’re always accepting applications for self-motivated team players. Come join a rising leader in our industry.
Lenticular Wall Display
Lenticular Wall Display
A lenticular wall display is a custom sign fabrication utilizing a concept that has origins as far back as the 16th century when they were referred to as “Tabula scalata” or “Turning Pictures”. The basic principle remains the same. It is comprised of two images that are separated into typically vertical strips and applied to a corrugated substrate so that it shows two entirely different images from different viewing angles. They are typically vertical to allow for the image to change as you walk by them. With the effect being a gradual change from one image to another as the viewer moves, there are two specific areas from which each image can be optimally viewed. Between those two points you’ll see both images at varying degrees, which actually attracts your natural curiosity to walk around the display to find both images.
With technological advances in the printing industry lenticular displays can have more than two images. In fact, many of the smaller lenticular prints, like a “tilt card” you would find in a cracker jacks box, have multiple images that create the illusion of motion and depth. These types of lenticular displays rely on a special film called a lenticular lens that directs the different images out at precise angles to achieve the illusion effect.
In the custom sign industry lenticular lenses aren’t applied much for a couple reasons, the main being they usually aren’t necessary to achieve the goal. Clients often prefer lenticular wall displays made in the style of the tabula scalata for it’s 3D look and tactile depth. At Heritage Printing Charlotte we’ve perfected the concept with the use of our state of the art CNC cutter and high resolution direct printing. With our computer aided design we can develop the art, precisely align the folds and cuts to achieve a very well crafted and awesome looking lenticular wall display.
Mainly used in advertisements, they can serve many different purposes that could benefit from showing dual images on one display. This can be anything from a unique way to inspire your employees to getting a double take on your advertisement in a high foot traffic area. If the solution to your visual needs is a lenticular wall display then Heritage Printing Charlotte is the best resource at your disposal.
Nelson, a design, architect and consulting firm, contacted Heritage for a unique lenticular wall display for their client. The signage would have “OUR INNOVATION AND CHANGE” from one angle of view and “FUELED BY OUR PEOPLE” by the opposite angle.
Lenticular Wall Display
- Lenticular wall displays are made of a durable composite pvc(sintra) rigid board that is direct printed with uv cured ink and routed to exact measurements for the size and profile of your dual image artwork.
- Sizes for large format lenticular displays can range from 2ft x 2ft to 5ft x 10ft.
- To care for a lenticular wall display use a damp non-abrasive cloth to wipe away dust and dirt.
- There are many ways to install a lenticular display and to find the best solution for your specific need contact one of our experienced project coordinators who will be glad to help.
- When considering a lenticular wall display, be sure to have the distance necessary in both view directions around the intended installation area to properly view both images from their respective optimal view directions.
Lenticular Wall Display
James Zambrano, Project Coordinator & Creative Genius: “Collaboration on the creative direction and fabrication of the custom wall display was both rewarding and inspirational to me personally.”
We believe in re-investing in our company, people, equipment and technology. During the past year, we have added over 12 new employees and 5 new pieces of equipment!
VUTEk Wide Format Printer
The addition of the EFI VUTEk GS3250LX Pro propelled us to the next level of large format print production, without any compromise on quality, while adding the ability to print multilayers and white ink. The new Versatech-2 CNC Router has more features and can cut, rout and etch at speeds that compare to the print abilities of the VUTEk.
MORE THAN JUST MACHINES
We invest in people, hiring industry professionals, with a like-minded culture, to provide outstanding customer service, exceptional production and installation practices. We know that it’s much more than print and machines, it’s personal.
Heritage Printing Charlotte
IT IS PERSONAL
With the click of your mouse, you will find numerous opportunities to purchase a variety of products and services, the difference with Heritage is, we care. We are not in business to “make a percentage” of a sale. We prefer turnkey services, you will enjoy a more pleasant experience when we control the design and manufacturing of your order.
Well, let’s just say we have the wheels in motion for our next endeavor. Heritage has grown because we believe in moving forward, making mistakes and learning from them, and getting better every day. The future has no boundaries and we have no intention of slowing down. Stay Tuned for more!