Many small businesses in Charlotte, NC struggle with creating visibility and name recognition, especially if their business is fairly new to the area or their budgets are tight. Aside from the traditional advertising methods, here are a few creative ways to market your business in the Charlotte area and get your name out there:
- Promote a free seminar or presentation. For example, a Huntersville flooring business can offer a free seminar on installation techniques for laminate flooring. Participants not only learn how to install this type of flooring in their Lake Norman home themselves, but are offered special discount prices if they wish to purchase laminate flooring.
- Volunteer to speak at a local Rotary Club or Chamber of Commerce meeting.
- Donate your products or services to a non-profit organization, church, school, or charity.
- Sponsor a local team, such as a community softball team. Coordinate a kickoff celebration such as a grill out or season finale party for members of the team.
- Become actively involved in your community, coach a youth sports team or volunteer to help coordinate community events for local civic group.
- Look for something unusual about what you do and publicize it. Send out press releases to area media whose audiences are likely to be interested in what you sell.
- Offer your product or service as a prize for a contest or a fundraiser raffle. Contact local organizations or radio stations and make them aware of your availability.
- Partner with a complementary business and use buddy marketing. For example, a Charlotte pet store and a pet grooming business could share advertising or run a contest together to considerably cut down the cost of business promotion.
- Create a contest with a desirable prize that is related to your business, such as free products or free services. Not only can you draw attention to your Charlotte area business, but you can build your prospect database with names of those who register as well.
- Start a fundraising team for a local benefit amongst your employees and create friendly competition with other Charlotte businesses.
No matter how you choose to promote your business in Charlotte, be sure to do it with a smile! After all, you never know when you will meet your next customer.
Joe Gass, President
Heritage Printing and Graphics
5900 Harris Technology Blvd, Suite G
Charlotte, North Carolina