Some companies think that a beautiful new website will instantly attract visitors like a moth to a light bulb. However, unless you turn the light on and direct them where to go, your visitors may wander aimlessly into your competitor’s backyard. Here are a few mixed media marketing tips to draw visitors to your website:
- Create a “web card” that highlights your site’s benefits and entices readers to visit. Mail them as postcards, hand them out at trade shows, distribute them with purchases, and so on.
- Create videos and post them on YouTube. Not only does Google index your content, but viewers can embed your videos on their blogs and share them via social media.
- Offer free original content or blog postings to other publications in your niche market. Be sure to include a link to your website to draw new visitors from these high-traffic sources.
- Distribute news releases to print and web periodicals in your industry. Your website link will remain in news databases for several months and may improve traffic to your site and increase link popularity.
- Create a short but sweet email signature that encourages readers to visit your new website.
- Ask partnering or non-competing businesses to link to your site, and do the same in return.
- Post your website on trade sites and in specialized directories.
- Include your URL on everything you can think of, ranging from business cards, stationery, and marketing materials, to pens, shirts, hats, mugs, and more.
- Promote an exciting contest or giveaway, and direct people to sign up on your website.
- Encourage customer feedback through a survey on your website.
- Increase your SEO by editing existing content, removing barriers to the indexing activities of search engines, and increasing the number of links your website receives from other web sources.
- Create a Facebook or Twitter post announcing your website, and offer prizes for the first XX people who visit your website and sign up for your newsletter.
- Encourage repeat visitors by offering a bookmark button on your website, such as AddThis, a free content-sharing platform that helps you integrate sharing tools into your website, spread your content, and increase social traffic.
Joe Gass @ Heritage Printing & Graphics
Custom Cut Signs and Banners * Event & Tradeshow Displays & Graphics * Fabric and Textile Printing * Fabric Backdrops, Banners and Displays * Retail POP * Wall, Window & Vehicle Decals & Graphics * Retractable Bannerstands * Backlit Signs * Printed Marketing Materials * Publications * Direct Mail * Branding & Creative Services
Veteran Owned and Operated
5900 Harris Technology Blvd #G, Charlotte, NC 28269 (704) 551-0700
beginning May 1st NEW LOCATION: 2739 Interstate Street, Charlotte NC 28208
22725 Washington St, Leonardtown, MD 20650 (301) 475-1700
2639 Connecticut Ave NW #110B, Washington DC 20008 (202) 609-9761