One of the best ways to promote your business is to get your customers talking about you, whether on the streets, via social media, or in product reviews. Here are a few ways to encourage customers to voice their opinions:
- Create a message board, chat forum, or guest book where customers can create an online community and share their opinions and feedback.
- Ask key customers to participate in a “customer spotlight” section of your newsletter. Use this feature to help customers promote their business and elaborate on their relationship with your company.
- Add product review capabilities to your website that allow customers to rank and review your products or services. Send customers a link to an online opinion survey they can take shortly after making a purchase.
- Start a blog and encourage feedback, questions, suggestions, and sharing of your posts.
- Offer valuable incentives (coupon, discount, free gift, etc.) as a reason to fill out a survey, and keep surveys short and sweet. This will encourage customers to complete your entire survey… and to answer future surveys when you ask them to.
- Encourage customers to contact you any time they have questions, comments, or suggestions — and make it easy for them to do so. Include your contact details in your email signature, post your phone number prominently on every page of your website, and send a business card with every letter or mailing.
- Engage with customers every chance you get. Ask them about their experience, seek their opinion on industry-related topics, and garner their feedback and suggestions regarding your business.
Don’t discourage negative customer comments. Negative feedback provides credibility and tells customers the business is confident enough to show a range of customer opinions. Honest feedback and suggestions can also help improve your business.
Joe Gass @ Heritage Printing & Graphics
Custom Cut Signs and Banners * Event & Tradeshow Displays & Graphics * Fabric and Textile Printing * Fabric Backdrops, Banners and Displays * Retail POP * Wall, Window & Vehicle Decals & Graphics * Retractable Bannerstands * Backlit Signs * Printed Marketing Materials * Publications * Direct Mail * Branding & Creative Services
Veteran Owned and Operated
5900 Harris Technology Blvd #G, Charlotte, NC 28269 (704) 551-0700
beginning May 1st NEW LOCATION: 2739 Interstate Street, Charlotte NC 28208
22725 Washington St, Leonardtown, MD 20650 (301) 475-1700
2639 Connecticut Ave NW #110B, Washington DC 20008 (202) 609-9761