by Joe Gass at Heritage Printing & Graphics
Because many companies focus their marketing on Thanksgiving and Christmas sales, it is easy to feel bombarded with marketing overload during the holidays. Here are a few examples of how to use creative promotions to grab your customers’ attention and boost sales year round:
- Happy Birthday! Take advantage of every opportunity you have to celebrate, whether it is your company’s birthday or your customers’ individual birthdays. Don’t have this information? Request it by creating a “birthday club” offering special discounts, promotions, or a free gift on customer birthdays. This is also a great way to build and update your customer database.
- Ground Hog’s Day. While Valentine’s Day is typically the feature push during February, you can get a jump start by promoting a more light-hearted holiday. For example, a fireplace business could offer a discount promo to help customers stay warm during six more weeks of winter.
- Earth Day. You don’t need one particular holiday to show interest in the environment. Does your company take every opportunity to print on recycled materials, use energy-efficient appliances, install solar panels for energy, etc? If so, toot your own horn and look for creative ways to reward customers who do likewise.
- Cold weather fun. If you live in the Midwest, it may be fun to offer a promotion around the weather during the blissful month of January. For example, if yesterday’s high was 15 degrees, customers would receive a 15% discount on all purchases. Be clear upfront if exclusions apply.
- Choose a quarterly way to highlight a target demographic. For example, seniors receive a free piece of pie with $5 purchase in April. College students receive a free pitcher of their favorite beverage with a large pizza in October. Families receive a 15% water park admission discount for groups of four or more in August.
- Help your community with goodwill promotions. Offer discount coupons or free gifts with donation of a non-perishable food item, gently used clothes, or blood bank donations. Many people forget that non-profit organizations need donations and support year round.
- Other ideas… Has your spring sprung? Overhead door companies could offer a discounted garage door replacement to promote the kick-off of spring. Enjoying the dog days of summer? A doggy-doo cleanup company can help you relax by offering summer promotions to clean up your yard.
If you’d like help creating marketing materials to advertise your low-cost, high return promotions, give us a call today! We’re full of unique print ideas to increase sales year-round.
Heritage Printing & Graphics, Inc. Improving Your Image in the Marketplace
Banners, Signs, Displays, Decals, POP, Wall and Window Graphic Brochures, Booklets, Publications, Marketing Materials & Direct Mail
5900 Harris Technology Blvd, Suite G, Charlotte, NC 28269
22725 Washington Street, Leonardtown, MD 20650
*We specialize in wide format, offset and digital printing.
*Veteran Owned and Operated.
*Our house papers are recycled, FSC certified & Made in America.
*We have received over 100 print quality awards during the past 15 yrs
*GreenWorks certified for environmental responsibility.